The faculty consists of 13 institutes, which are spread across the city.
- Department of History (opens in a new tab)
- Institute of African Studies (opens in a new tab)
- Institute of Ancient Near Eastern Studies (opens in a new tab)
- Institute of Anthropology (opens in a new tab)
- Institute of Art Education
- Institute of Art History
- Institute of East Asian Studies (opens in a new tab)
- Institute of Egyptology
- Institute of Musicology
- Institute of Oriental Studies
- Institute for South and Central Asian Studies
- Institute for the Study of Religions
- Institute of Theatre Studies
MUSEUMS & COLLECTIONS
The museums and collections are an important part of the faculty and form an integral part within the teaching: from antiquity to the present, for those interested in art, music and (cultural) history.
Unsere Museen und Sammlungen laden herzlich zu Vorträgen, Führungen und Ausstellungen ein.
Libraries and branches
Co-Institutes & Centres
The faculty cooperates and works closely with renowned institutions and centres in teaching, research and transfer on the basis of cooperation agreements. Affiliated institutes and centres are an integral part of the faculty structure.