Contacts and legal provisions
Phone: +49 341 97-108 or 97-109
Fax: +49 341 97-30099
PO box address
PO box 100920
Electronically signed or encrypted electronic documents cannot be accepted.
Leipzig University is a public body. It is legally represented by Rector Professor Eva Inés Obergfell.
Competent supervisory authority
Saxon State Ministry for Science and the Arts, Wigardstraße 17, 01097 Dresden, www.smwk.sachsen.de
VAT ID number pursuant to Section 27a of the German Turnover Tax Act (UStG):
Responsible for content pursuant to Section 18(2) of the German Interstate Treaty on Media (MStV)
Faculty of History, Art and Area Studies
Professor Rose Marie Beck, Dean
Separate people are responsible for the content on each of the Faculty’s institute websites. If you have any questions about any of these websites, please contact the appropriate person.
- Institute of Egyptology: Professor Holger Kockelmann, Head of Institute
- Institute of Ancient Near Eastern Studies: Professor Michael Streck, Head of Institute
- Department of History: Professor Stefan Rohdewald, Head of Institute
- Institute of African Studies: Professor Dmitri van den Bersselaar, Head of Institute
- Institute of Anthropology: Professor Ulrich Demmer, Head of Institute
- Institute for South and Central Asian Studies: Professor Jowita Kramer, Head of Institute
- Institute of Art History: Professor Nadja Horsch, Head of Institute
- Institute of Art Education: Professor Andreas Wendt, Head of Institute
- Institute of Musicology: Professor Stefan Keym, Head of Institute
- Institute of Theatre Studies: Professor Patrick Primavesi, Head of Institute
- Institute of Oriental Studies: Professor Sebastian Maisel, Head of Institute
- Institute of East Asian Studies: Professor Ines von Eben von Racknitz, Head of Institute
- Institute for the Study of Religions: Professor Christoph Kleine, Head of Institute
We assume no liability for the content of external links. The operators of the linked pages are solely responsible for their content.
The content of Leipzig University’s central web pages is maintained by the relevant administrative departments. The pages of the faculties and institutions are maintained by the respective structural units. The use of design elements from Leipzig University’s central web pages is only permitted with the express permission of the Office for University Communications.
According to the Act on the Transparency of Information in the Free State of Saxony (SächsTranspG), Leipzig University is an institution subject to the obligation of transparency where information about the names of external funders, the amount of external funding and the duration of completed research projects financed with external funding is concerned, and where no exemption from the obligation of transparency according to Sect. 5 SächsTranspG applies.