Research project based at the Chair and funded by the European Research Council (ERC):
ERC Advanced Grant „Transopera – Opera and the Politics of Empire in Habsburg Europe, 1815-1914“
(2021 – 2026)
Research fellows involved:
- Professor Axel Körner (Project Manager)
- Dr Barbara Babić (Post-Doc)
- Dr Dietmar Friesenegger (Post-Doc)
- Monika Jägerová (PhD)
- Riccardo Mandelli (PhD)
Current qualification work (PhD theses) at the Chair:
- "Constitutions and Historical Time: Alexis de Tocqueville, Lorenz von Stein, and Philosophy of History"
- "Help form behind the Wall – East Germany support and its impact on the anti-apartheid movement during the Cold War”
- "Gesandter Föderalismus. Deutsche Diplomaten und die transnationale Ideengeschichte des deutschen Föderalismus"
Other qualification projects (supervisor: Axel Körner)
- "Radical Individualities. Max Stirner and French individualism" (History department, University College London)
- "E42: The Fascist claim for universal authority" (History department, University College London)