Leipzig University is a widely recognized hub for innovative research in the field of globalisation and transregional studies. The Institute of Anthropology significantly contributes to this field of research with a number of projects that won competitive funding.
The Institute of Anthropology provides opportunity to complete a habilitation in Anthropology and supports the writing of monographs and high profile journal articles. Our current post-doc projects unpack environmental, social and economic projects targeted at improving life in different localities.
We enable young researchers to pursue a doctorate under close supervision of our research staff. Current PhD projects engage with topics ranging from consumption, racism, food and taste, to migration and journalism in regions as diverse as South Asia, Africa, Europe, South America und Australia.
- Food and Tasting in the Andes
- Journalistic Practices in Ecuador
- The Discontinuous Spaces of Santa Muerte in Los Angeles
- Reciprocity in Anonymous Gifting Practices
- Care Work with Underaged Refugees
- Devided Unit in the Global Vietnamese Diaspora
- The Power to Heal - Biomedicine and Evangelism
- The Future of Food in the United Arab Emirates
- A Multispecies Ethnography of Organic Tea Plantations in India
- Digitisation and Respatialisation of the Indian Nation State
- Racial Encounters and the Body
- Renegotiating China-Australia Agri-Food Relations